This isn't a lie

I'm going crazy

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fruit and nut are for fags

I think me and my friend Fiona have come to the conclusion that any confectionery containing fruit and nut is a disaster. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a man that loves the occasional nut action in his chocolate; a snickers bar is comprised of 30-40% nut and they rock my cazbar. No I’m talking about the horrendous combination of fruit AND nut.

Think about it, when did adding F and N to chocolate ever make it more awesome? Never; original Toblerone (the legendary triangular Swiss chocolate with honey and almond nougat) rocks my world, Fruit and Nut Toblerone on the other hand leaves it quite stationary and un-rocked. Cadbury were gods amongst the chocolate world with their man-tastic flavors like; mud cake (this was an absolutely bicthin flavor), chocolate mousse, tiramisu and mint (there are more but I can’t possibly name them all). But they too have, unfortunately, fallen for the Fruit and Nut trend. Walk down the supermarket aisle, fruit and nut is ALWAYS in stock. Why? No one wants it that’s why!

Ok true you can just not buy the fruit and nut versions at the market, but what if you got them as a gift? Or win them as a prize? (Fiona got a 1 meter long fruit and nut Toblerone as a prize and she hasn’t even touched it) You can’t return them. Who do you return them to? You’re stuck with it son, you either eat it or throw it away. And deep down we all know that any sane person wouldn’t throw away a block of chocolate (let alone a 1 meter long one). Put it on your wall and watch it mature, regrettably unlike wine it doesn’t get better with age.

I think it's unanimous that fruit and nut is a low tier flavor in the confectionery world. If you think about it they’ve tried to, unsuccessfully, make an unhealthy thing healthy. For that they’re oxymorons and are hereby awarded the medal of fail.

"Jennifer says:
FRUIT AND NUT IS HORRENDOUSLY DISGUSTING"

On a completely random note, here is a video of Steven Segal running like a girl. The beats are off tap and make me want to rock out with my cock out.

1 comment:

Pierre said...

That's quite true. Chocolate and fruit are very common in desserts, probably because it wouldn't taste as good.. unless you go to France but that's a different level. But don't you ever eat the fruit nut cadbury block?! Or is it dark chocolat all the wayyyyybabyyy